- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Size: 16.25″ H x 16.25″ W x 0.8″ D
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Made Mulyani – crafted with care to be treasured for years to come.
- Product info: Suar wood
NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured – we’ll do everything we possibly can to ensure you’re a happy customer.
About this item: A majestic flower blooms with elegant, intricate petals in the center of this square relief panel from Bali, carved by hand of suar wood with a natural finish. Designed by Made Mulyani, this striking relief panel makes a characteristic addition to any home.
- Hand-crafted item — color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Wood grain and color can vary slightly
About our Artist: ‘I was born in 1975 to a wood carver family in a small rural area on the island of Bali. Our family was underprivileged, and I wasn’t able to continue my studies after graduating from senior high school. In 2002, there was a very difficult moment in my life. I was starting a small shop in the market with a bank loan. Suddenly, a bomb exploded in Bali’s tourist area! People suffered a lot because most work is dependent on tourism. Bali became so quiet, and no visitors or customers came. I think this was the toughest time in my whole life. My island is rich in artistry, so my family taught me to make sculptures. I started by watching them carving wood at home. I was excited with the final results and worked hard at learning how to create them. By creating these beautifully detailed sculptures and masks, we’d like to introduce our traditional culture to the world. I hope our sales will grow and people worldwide will come to know our culture.’…